Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Beautiful Fall

OK, for all the times I have complained about Texas weather (too many to count, so don't try!)--I hereby rebut myself.

Saturday I rode (yes, my bicycle, you slackers!) in the "Wurst Ride in Texas", from Austin to New Braunfels, 100 K. The weather was cool (60s) and the wind behind us--it was lovely. And, I averaged 14.7 mph, which is fast for me!

Today I topped that even--Bibb and I rode from Gruene to Sattler on River Road, 30 miles. The bluffs along the river are amazing, the cypress trees are turning orange, some oaks are yellow, the water is clear (though barely flowing from such a dry summer). It's about 72 degrees and sunny.

I realize I live in one of the fastest growing areas of the state, right on I-35 with trains and trucks speeding single-mindedly to and from Mexico to make this a better world through NAFTA and CAFTA. (Choke!!) Traffic, asphalt, noise. But today I headed west, and escaped it for awhile, and remembered that I DO like living in Texas--from October to April, at least.

Sorry I didn't take a camera to show the rest of you. I recommend it for a picnic or a scenic drive, if you're near enough to take advantage.

I hope creation shows off for you today, wherever you are!

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I realize I live in one of the fastest growing areas of the state, right on I-35 with trains and trucks speeding single-mindedly to and from Mexico to make this a better world through NAFTA and CAFTA. (Choke!!)"

I keep remembering why you rock, and this is one of those moments. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home