Sunday, November 12, 2006

In the beginning...

there was a call. And the call was issued to me, and I accepted it.

WHOO HOO!

I have accepted the call to serve as pastor of Living Word Lutheran Church in Buda, Texas. I will begin on Weds., Nov. 15, my first Sunday being Nov. 19, 2006. It will be my first solo call.

Living Word is a small congregation, the only ELCA congregation in Buda, and one of 5 in all Hays County. They started in south Austin about 8 years ago, and moved to Buda in 2002. They meet in an old creamery building of a former dairy farm. It's a great location, but I hope to outgrow it quickly! There are about 80 people listed in the directory, some from Austin, most from Buda, Kyle, Niederwald, and other north Hays County areas. They are interested in being bilingual and reaching out to young families (so to reflect the community), and willing to consider RIC. Under the spiritual guidance of their previous pastor, they have embraced Holy Scripture as God's Living Word, embodying their name in a very real way. They said to me, "We are very dedicated to and serious about Bible Study; our pastor would have to be willing to teach that." It's like a pastor's dream come true! Teach the Bible? No problem!

Anyway, worship is at 9:30 Sunday mornings, Bible study and Sunday School at 10:30. Please come visit some time!

www.livwd.com

Please pray for me and for the congregation, as we get used to each other and get into ministry together!

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Sarah Loyd said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that you are so excited... that will be infectious to your new congregation! I'm sure you'll be awesome... they're very lucky to have you.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hey! Congrats again! By the way, you are looking great!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

This sounds like a really good call for you. When I first heard that this little church in Buda might be calling you, I wasn't sure... but it sounds like a place where biblical storytelling and RIC and bilingual services could really work, and you could be a great guide. Thanks for reading my blog... things are pretty crazy right now and my heart is in a different place than my body. Thanks for your words.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. You're the best pastor I know, so you'll do great, they'll do great, you will all be just giddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home